Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beginning

I came about my internship with the WVU Business Incubator in a strange way. I actually applied for an internship there for summer 2010. I was searching for internships at that time, and I saw they took on professional writing and editing interns. I decided to apply; however, my internship with USA Today came along, and I spent much of my summer in McLean, Va.

A week before school started, I heard back from the Business Incubator and they asked if I was still interested. I mentioned that I did, in fact, have to have an internship for my PWE capstone and they replied that they have worked with my capstone coordinator, Scott Wible. After an interview, I successfully have an internship with the Business Incubator that I hope to start this week.

I need to finalize my schedule and the contract, but I'm very excited to get going, and I wanted to provide some background as to why I'm blogging about my experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing that context, Candace. I hope (and trust) that your internship experience with USA Today was a great one!

    ReplyDelete